We are currently seeing large strides in the business world with regard to cloud technology, as everyone gains greater understanding of the advantages working within the cloud can bring.
What is the cloud?
Cloud computing is the storing and use of data and programs over the internet instead of your computer’s hard drive. Xero is cloud based accountancy software that has great benefits for all types and sizes of business.
How can Xero help your business? Here are some of the many features:
- Anywhere, anytime, any device 24/7/365 – access from any internet connection in the world via any device that can access the web (mobile phones, tablets, laptops, desktop).
- Instant access to your account balances and cash flow – This is extremely valuable in the early stages of your business. Every financial decision you make is based on “is there enough money in the account for this?” Within a few clicks you can see your daily balance and make on the spot decisions with confidence.
- Invoicing With Xero – invoicing is not only tailored to your business, it’s quick and simple. You can create an invoice for a client or customer while on the go and email it to them. You can even see when they’ve opened it, so no more excuses like “I never received the invoice!”
- Automated bank feeds -“ Xero automatically connects with your bank to download transactions daily. No more printing or waiting for bank statements to arrive before you give them to your accountant or manually entering of transactions in to your current system.
- Work in real time with your advisers – You’ll get support and advice based on up-to-date, relevant and accurate data. Decision making processes are straightforward and faster, giving you what you need, when you need it.
- No installation or IT maintenance costs – Because Xero runs in the cloud, you don’t have to install software onto your computer, buy fancy servers or have enough licenses for every user. You simply set up your log in details, and you’re ready to go! This means any number of authorised staff can add information from different sites, which can then also be accessed by your bookkeeper or accountant.
- Security – Storing your accounting data on a laptop, which you leave in the car or at home while nipping to the shop or pub after work isn’t the safest way to protect vital business information. Similarly, backing up your data to a USB that is just left lying around doesn’t quite cut it either. Office fire or flood? How long would it take you to recover from that? If you’re using Xero – as long as it takes to log in online!
- Cashflow – Predictable monthly subscriptions helps you know where you stand with payments and spreads the cost over the whole year to avoid being hit with a large bills at the end of the year.
- Expense claims – This feature enables multi-users to load their expenses into the system for authorisation and payment. As the system can be accessed from anywhere, this is particularly beneficial to businesses with staff that are on site or away from the main office a lot. Photos of expense receipts can be taken from a mobile phone, uploaded to Xero and processed by your payroll department or accountants without the needs for expense claims sheets and piles of receipts submitted separately.
Want to know more?
We are an accredited Xero partner and will be offering the software to all our clients.
To find out more information and see a demo video of how the software works, check out our Xero page or give us a call on 0151 931 2724.